Posted on 2018-03-28
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The position serves as a Audio Operator and Studio Camera Operator. Audio Operator is responsible for sound checks, equipment placement, volume and quality of sound during live and taped productions. Camera Operator composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by Newscast Directors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Setting up sound and recording equipment, making adjustments and testing the equipment.
2. Activating and adjusting various sound sources including microphones, audio playback devices, remote venue should (live shots), routable sound devices and sources and other sound generating sources.
3. Creating, maintaining and adjusting proper mix of sound sources in a live and/or recorded environment.
4. Maintaining and managing audio devices and resources such as: audio mixing board, microphones, music playback devices and other sound generating or playback sources.
5. Operates Audio Mixing Board during live broadcasts.
6. Operates Audio Mixing Board during recorded shows.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the Newscast Director.
9. Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
10. Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
11. Confers with Newscast Directors and other crew and staff members to discuss show rundowns, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
12. Sets up cameras and related equipment.
13. Tests, cleans and maintains camera, lighting and studio equipment.
14. Produces graphics for newscast.
15. Operates graphics production to create graphics for the newscast.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
1. Must be able to perform all duties under high stress situations and conditions.
2. Must have excellent interpersonal skills
3. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Proficiency with computers, telephone, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
5. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: You must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, must be able to handle control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Must be able to climb ladder. Must be able to life, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO AKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer