Director of Human Resources
Posted on 2018-03-21
By WNPR Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc.
Located in Hartford, Connecticut, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a “hands on” Director level position for an individual contributor who has experience working in partnership with colleagues and on behalf of a creative and dynamic staff to plan, direct, and implement policies for all areas of the human resources function including staffing, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, safety, compliance, and administration. In addition, administers and innovates human resources programs, policies, and organizational design/change to support company goals and positively engage the workforce of 95 employees. Advises and coaches leadership on all human resources and union issues with broad, current and best practices knowledge that includes expertise in federal and state employment laws. Prepares operating budgets for human resources and make recommendations for funding that drives workforce productivity. Maintains an ADP employee information system and administration for all required processes and transactions that provide data and reporting on HR activity.
Human Resources Expert
- Is Connecticut Public’s HR architect - applies expertise in a full range HR arena to support Connecticut Public’s mission and business needs at both the strategic and administration level
- Is Connecticut Public’s culture and change steward - practices and promotes integrity and ethical behavior
- Handles confidential Employee Relations - provides leadership coaching
- Manages the performance management process/training and aligns with compensation strategy
- Handles/coordinates compensation planning/leveling
- Conducts training needs analysis, researches training solutions, and organizes and/or conducts training as needed
- Updates employee handbook, ad hoc policies, and agreements as needed
- Manages robust internship program, sources candidates, oversees implementation
- Facilitates recruiting/job offers/downsizing/exit interviews and designs/conducts company new hire orientation and on-boarding
- Partners with finance and payroll to ensure competitive/cost-effective employee benefits and ensures all data provided for payroll processing is accurate
- Partners with finance on all legal, risk management, FCC compliance/regulatory, and union/collective bargaining issues.
- Understands the non-profit business environment, has financial savvy and business curiosity
- Interacts with employees in a way that demonstrates concerns and problems are heard, builds credibility and trust
- Links/adapts HR policies, programs and services to Connecticut Public’s mission, culture and service outcomes
- Applies organizational development principles and encourages innovation and risk-taking
- Uses HR principles that change business processes to improve the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Knows the business, employees, and understands all employee roles
- Is strategic, analytical, creative, and acts decisively
- Applies conflict resolution methods in organizational situations
- Uses consensus and negotiation coalition-building skills to improve overall communications.
- Builds trust and relationships across the organization
- Understands, values, and promotes diversity
- Mentors, develops, coaches to develop employees
- Balances both organization’s and employees’ demands and resources.
Knowledge and Skills Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience managing the overall Human Resources function and budget preferably in a non-profit organization. Able to lead and market the HR function.
- Efficient with Microsoft Suite, technically savvy
- Proficiency working with ADP WorkForce Now preferred
- Familiarity with Organizational Change Management strategies
- Project, time management and attention to details skills
- Coaching/mentoring/conflict management skills
- Exceptional oral and written business communications skills to communicate Connecticut Public’s brand
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and excellence in dealing with challenging situations; handles pressure and stressful situations with grace and composure
- Exhibits high standards of performance on the job and strong collaboration inter and intra- departmentally
- Enthusiastic and customer-oriented, committed to maintaining high standards of performance on the job; cooperates with others and helps foster a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter (including where candidate learned about the position), and salary requirements to: President and Chief Executive Officer, Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc., 1049 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut 06105 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer