Assistant News Director
Posted on 2018-02-26
By WOWK/WBOY/WVNS/WTRF Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc.
The Assistant News Director will manage and lead the production of daily newscast items for broadcast/publication across all platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages the production of newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
· Writes and orders news stories.
· Approves scripts.
· Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts.
· Edits video.
· Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
· Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Fluency in English. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Minimum two years’ experience in news operations. (More or less depending on market size.) Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Flexibility to work any shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to:
www.nexstar.tv to access all career opportunities for WOWK-TV and Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
WOWK-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer