Posted on 2018-02-26
By WSWT, WXCL, WMBD, WNGY, WIRL, WPBG, WPBG-HD3 Alpha Media USA
Alpha Media Seeks Sales Assistant
Alpha Media is searching for a Sales Assistant to be located in Peoria, Illinois. Alpha Media owns and operates 228 stations in 50 markets across the United States.
This position will be directly involved in assisting the sales management and sales team. Applicant must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess strong skills in Excel and Power Point. Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task plus be a team player. General knowledge of sales concepts and sales software is beneficial.
Responsibilities will include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Commercial order entry and production coordination using industry-specific software on behalf of sellers and/or managers, and other assistance to sellers(s) and/or manager(s).
- Assist in creating sales packages – generally PowerPoint-based
- Coordination of certain sales activities and projects
- Daily and weekly reports
- Front-desk break cover and fill-in
- Assist in special events and projects
- Coordinate house trade accounts
The ideal candidate will have the following skillsets and background:
- Experience with and knowledge of evolving social media platforms and related metrics.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work closely with clients and co-workers
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience dealing with constantly evolving deadline.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office programs (emphasis on Power Point and Excel)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note candidates with prior broadcasting industry experience with strong understanding of related Wide Orbit traffic software and vCreative, and/or candidates with extensive knowledge of PowerPoint design, layout, and compelling writing skills will be given the top consideration.
Current company benefits include medical/dental/vision/life insurance plan, 401K, vacation, sick leave, and 10 holidays each year.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join an exciting, growing company, submit your cover letter, portfolio and resume ASAP to Emily.email@example.com.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in e-verify. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all job classifications and positions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. No phone calls please.