General Assignment Reporter
Posted on 2018-02-22
By WHAM-TV Sinclair Broadcast Group
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM/WUHF in Rochester, NY, is seeking a motivated, energetic, bold, and creative General Assignment Reporter! We are looking for someone who can think and perform outside the box. This person will be delivering news reports for the station’s web page and social media sites in addition to on air. The ideal candidate will have excellent live shot skills and thrives on breaking stories.
- Ability to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- Conducting effective interviews and gather information.
- Reporting and writing stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded.
- Working as a team with a photographer as assigned.
- Ability to cultivate sources in the community and produce exclusive enterprise content for all platforms.
- Generating content for the station’s web site, as well as the stations social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- College degree, preferably in Broadcast Media, Communications or Journalism.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience, including prior news reporting preferred.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, strong storytelling and organizational skills desired.
- Ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude.
- Local knowledge of the area is a plus.
- A valid driver license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer