Posted on 2018-01-08
By WIAT-TV WIAT-TV
The Traffic Anchor/Reporter is a big part of our Morning team. The successful candidate must lead and end each morning segment with breaking traffic news during our two and a half hours of Morning News. The Traffic Anchor/Reporter must be knowledgeable about our local roadways, must have a strong on air personality, provide clear, concise live traffic reports and provide alternatives to traffic tie-ups. Must produce content on all digital platforms and interact regularly with viewers and followers on social media. Must generate enterprise story ideas, be a good storyteller, and do compelling live shots. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who wants to be first with breaking news and win each day. Qualified candidates must build sources and become an active member of the community. Must be accurate, ethical, dependable and have a positive, team attitude Candidate will be highly promoted with our Morning team throughout the year.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare morning traffic report graphics.
- News gather for traffic reports and other news stories as needed.
- Provide clear and concise live traffic reports.
- Research and report up-to-the-minute traffic conditions.
- Be first on breaking news.
- Communicate well.
- Make sure graphics, video and live shots are up to date.
- Communicate traffic information to viewers on all digital platforms including our station website, mobile app, and social media pages.
- Gather information for stories and live reports.
- Produce high-quality packages.
- Develop sources and generate ideas.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge and experience with the station’s traffic system.
- Be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations.
- Must speak clearly.
- Must be familiar with street and highway names and directions.
- Produce content on all digital platforms
- Must be energetic, creative and work well with others.
- Must work quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent writing and live skills.
- Ability to develop contacts and generate enterprise stories.
Education/Experience: Bachelors degree in Journalism or related field preferred, with minimum of (2) two years experience as news reporter.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer