Posted on 2017-11-30
By KOB-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
KOB Eyewitness News 4 is looking for a qualified and experienced News Director to lead our newsroom.
- Developing and maintaining a strategic and editorial vision for Eyewitness News.
- Direct and manage overall efforts of the news department and seeing that the vision and mission of Eyewitness News 4 is understood by the entire news organization.
- This vision should come from working with extensive market research and the tested instincts of the News Director.
- Responsible for all administrative duties associated with running the news organization, including personnel and budgeting.
- Reports to the General Manager.
- Minimum of five years of success in key leadership role(s) within a television newsroom.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all phases of a television news operation, including, but not limited to: news reporting and writing, newscast formats, news producing, newsroom organization, and newsgathering technology.
- Must be a dynamic strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to his/her staff.
- Must be creative and adept at managing in a fast-paced, highly charged and aggressive news environment.
- Basic understanding of newsroom technical operation including computer networking, newsroom systems, microwave, satellite and digital technology. Knowledge of social media and multiplatform news gathering.
- Understanding of basic budgeting principle and financial management.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and work under tight deadlines and in high pressure situations. Quick and clear thinking required. Must have a good driving record and a valid drivers license, both will be checked. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer