Multimedia Journalist/Weekend Producer
Posted on 2017-10-04
By SC Broadcasters Association
WPDE ABC 15 has an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) and Weekend Producer.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. A minimum of 1-2 years reporting experience is required.
The candidate will be responsible for the production of our three 1/2 hour weekend evening newscasts. This person will work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television. You must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- A compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
- Journalism degree preferred
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
- Experience with live shots is required
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
- Experience producing at a commercial TV station is preferred
While applying online, please include a web link of your recent work. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send a non returnable DVD to:
Attn: News Director
10 University Boulevard
Conway, SC 29526
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer