Multimedia Journalist Branson Bureau KOZL/KOLR
Posted on 2017-10-03
This position will work entirely out of our Branson Studio with a talented photojournalist covering the city of Branson, MO and the southern part of the Springfield DMA which includes several counties in southwest Missouri and 5 counties in northern Arkansas. This person will be required to live in or near the city of Branson. The Multimedia Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. Will work together with an experienced, knowledgeable and award-winning photo-journalist in the Bureau
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
- Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Determines a storys emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
- Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
- Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
- Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum two years experience in news reporting.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/6455
Nexstar Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer