Local News and Sports Director - Shawano, WI
Posted on 2017-09-28
By Results Broadcasting
Results Broadcasting has an immediate opening for a full-time qualified News and Sports Director for is four station operation in Shawano, Wisconsin. Shawano is located approximately 30 miles Northwest of Green Bay.
- Report, gather, write and voice news stories under deadline in live or recorded setting.
- Anchor newscasts in live and recorded setting.
- Read news copy on the air and interact with on-air program hosts.
- Produce and update daily local, state, national news and sports content on website, Facebook, etc.
- Generate story ideas.
- Attend important local meetings, events, breaking news scenes, etc.
- Shoot, edit and post video to website and social media platforms.
- Maintain quarterly FCC Issues/Programs list for Public File.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Fill-in Air Shifts for other staff as needed
- Fill-in as Breakfast Club Host as needed
- Fill-in as Shopping Show Host as needed
- Record, interview local clients and guests
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to studio and transmission equipment
- Anything and everything else that would be needed to help these stations succeed
There is an opportunity for play-by-play of local high school sports but isn’t necessary to be considered.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of Scott Studios 32 and production experience with Adobe Audition. College degree and two years previous on-air/programming/operations experience is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds interesting email your air check, sample writing, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org please reference “WTCH NEWS/SPORTS” in subject line.
Results Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer