Posted on 2017-09-27
By SC Broadcasters Association
WSPA-TV is seeking a Newscast Producer to join our 7 News team and oversee our award
winning “Live at Five” newscast. We need someone who can think beyond the
rundown and produce a fast paced show done live from studios in two cities and all across the Upstate of South Carolina. This is a newscast that blends what’s breaking and what’s trending in one of the best places to live in the country.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
· Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast or on-line publication.
· Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
· Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
· Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
· Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
· Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
· Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
At least two years of previous broadcast news producing experience.
Must have a degree in Journalism/Communications or equivalent professional experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
WSPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/D/V.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #: 6406
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer