Posted on 2017-09-26
By KOAT-TV Hearst Television
KOAT-TV has an opening for a Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, audio-board, graphics and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must
have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio operator, digital editing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned.
- Construction,maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets
and other production equipment.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Edit syndicated promos for air.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Cover for front reception area as needed, duties include welcoming visitors by greeting them in person, or on the telephone; answering and/or referring inquiries.
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring guest logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
- Videography experience helpful.
- Non-linear editing experience a plus.
- Related military experience will be considered
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred. Equivalent work experience also
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit careers.hearsttelevision.com to apply.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer