Posted on 2017-09-20
By CareerPage CareerPage
WXIN/WTTV, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for an Executive Producer to work in our Indianapolis location.
The Executive Producer must be a proven newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity. This role will excel under tight deadlines and bring bold, creative ideas for developing newscasts.
- Overall responsibility for newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production
- Work with team to create innovative news content; able to think differently and critically
- Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage
- Step in and write, edit and produce as needed
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 5 years previous news producing experience
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
WXIN/WTTV is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer