Posted on 2017-09-20
By CareerPage CareerPage
WXIN/WTTV, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a Producer to work in our Indianapolis location.
The Producer must be a strong storyteller who brings energy and is ready to take on a challenging new opportunity! This role will excel under tight deadlines and bring bold, creative ideas for developing the newscast.
- Write, manage and approve content for air
- Collaborate with Editors, Associate Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage
- Execute newscasts with minimal errors and meet deadlines; oversee quality control of newscast while in booth
- Respond to breaking news with a sense of urgency
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2+ years previous news producing experience
- Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
WXIN/WTTV is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer