Operations Technician (part time)
Posted on 2017-09-19
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WDSU has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and
adjust fixtures as needed.
- Dress microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances
- asic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
- Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
- Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
- Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment.
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment
- Related military experience will be considered
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to: careers.hearsttelevision.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer