KCAW-FM, Development Dirctor
Posted on 2017-09-12
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
The Development Director is responsible for designing and implementing a fundraising program that supports the activities of the station.
Salary Range: Starting in the low $40,000’s to the low $50,000’s
This position is classified full time exempt with competitive benefit plan.
The Station and the Community: KCAW-FM is a non-commercial, community radio station owned and operated by the Raven Radio Foundation, Inc. of Sitka, Alaska. Since signing on the air March 6th, 1982, KCAW has been broadcasting a diverse and vibrant program schedule to the Southeast Alaskan communities of Sitka, Angoon, Elfin Cove, Kake, Pelican, Port Alexander, Tenakee Springs, Yakutat, as well as a wide expanse of the coastal fishing grounds. KCAW is a committed member of CoastAlaska - a pioneering consortium of Southeast Alaska stations striving to improve service to listeners through inter-station cooperation. Sitka is a small island town on Alaska’s Inside Passage. It is a remote & wild place with mild temperatures and about 100 inches of rain a year.
• Responsible for developing a plan to seek corporate and business support from local, regional, statewide, and national sources.
• Responsible for securing underwriting from businesses, corporations, and non-profit organizations.
• Prepares and maintains contracts.
• Insures procurement and placement of on-line underwriting.
• Produce and schedule underwriting spots.
• Coordinates and supervises membership drives, and special event fundraising activities for the organization.
• Works with other CoastAlaska Development Directors on underwriting, marketing, and fundraising events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the General Manager.
• Experience in non-profit fundraising preferred.
• Good writing skills, familiar with proposal and grant writing.
• Good professional appearance and public presentation skills.
• Familiarity with broadcasting and social media preferred.
• Post-secondary education preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume, references, and letter of interest to: Lily Herwald, Interim General Manager, Raven Radio Foundation, 2 B Lincoln Street, Sitka, AK 99835.
KCAW/Raven Radio is an EOE.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer