Visual Journalist & Storyteller
Posted on 2017-09-01
By SC Broadcasters Association
WLTX, a TEGNA Media company in Columbia, SC is looking for highly skilled artistic photographers and editors who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and are able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
In this role, you will:
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including attaching images and streaming video. Must include Social Media.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Edit and post video and text content stories for website.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Heres what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Energy/passion for storytelling and news
- Proactive mindset and creativity
- Strong team player
- One year of experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer