Bonneville Phoenix News and Sports Fill-In Talk Host (8227)
Posted on 2017-08-11
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
On an on-call basis, make desired individual contribution to stations team efforts by performing as an on-air host that attracts targeted audience and builds ratings in line with desired News/Sports/Talk format.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HOST talk show that is relevant to target audience, and generates ratings.
- CONDUCT topical interviews that are compelling, informative, and interesting and adhere to stations format philosophy.
- TIMELY AND EFFECTIVELY COMPLETE commercial and promotional production assignments.
- MONITOR news on a daily basis.
- PERFORM, as assigned, at various station remotes and public relations functions.
- PARTICIPATE with sales personnel in client relations and development.
- BE ACTIVE in keeping station on the competitive edge by contributing creative ideas on show development, topics, and guests, format execution and station promotion.
- ATTEND evaluation sessions and staff meetings as needed.
- FILL IN for other personalities as assigned.
- REFLECT company values and maintain desired station image to listeners while on-air and during personal appearances.
- MAINTAIN a professional and helpful attitude toward other staff members at all times.
- MAINTAIN confidentiality in regard to personnel matters, wage and salary, company strategies and other sensitive matters in communication with listeners, co-workers and the media.
- ABLE to manage stress effectively.
- DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN professional and technical capabilities in order to make full use of the tools and opportunities provided by the station and to expand personal contribution to the company.
- WORK in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- WORK effectively in a team environment.
- MAINTAIN a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- CONSISTENTLY works hours required. Flexible hours.
- PROJECT an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- PERSONAL growth and development.
- PREPARATION of on-line blogs and similar social media activities on behalf of the station
- THE CREATION of podcasts or video or both of the Broadcast or any portion thereof for online distribution.
- PARTICIPATION IN, and use of, various digital media platforms, all as instructed by Employer.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Two years post high school education.
- News judgment.
- Passion for news and current affairs.
- Experience in radio hosting.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Ability to use humor.
- Strong desire to work at the states largest and most respected radio station.
- Spends time researching topics.
- Ability to be respected by newsmakers during interviews.
- Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under moderate supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet daily/weekly deadlines.
- Willing to be active in the community.
- Self-starter with the ability to assure accuracy in on-air product. Errors may incur financial time loss.
- Monitor news on a daily basis.
- Computer skills.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistently works hours required. Flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer