Posted on 2017-08-09
By KUSI-TV KUSI 9 News
San Diego, CA
KUSI 9 News in San Diego is looking for a Closed Captionist with a college degree to Ccreate closed captioning for pre-recorded and live programming.
- Transcribe source material into caption files, and format text into appropriate captioning styles.
- Research Internet and other sources for correct spellings, terms, and information to ensure accuracy when creating closed captioning.
- Must have some flexibility with scheduling.
- Experience with voice to text systems like Caption Mic, Comprompter Caption Central system or Dragon – Naturally Speaking systems are a plus.
- Must have exceptional command of the English language
- Excellent touch-typing, spelling and grammatical skills.
- Computer literacy with Windows proficiency, detail-oriented and able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Previous editing and/or proofreading experience preferred.
- Skilled in sustained concentration on audio tracks of media.
- The ideal candidate will be able to listen to a conversation and re-speak what is heard into a microphone.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply for the positon on our Website at www.kusi.com, click on “Only on KUSI” and then go to “Current Job Opportunities”. Don’t forget to attach your resume to your On-line Application. Once we have had a chance to review your application we will be in touch with you should we have any questions regarding your application and qualifications for the position.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer