Posted on 2017-08-07
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WDSU has an opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
Maintain news archives.
Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs,
VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
Maintaining standards for all edited material.
Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Ability to work on non- linear equipment.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
- High School Diploma.
- Some college or technical school preferred or equivalent work experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit careers.hearstteleivison.com to apply.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer