Posted on 2017-08-03
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
Good4Utah (ABC4 Utah/Utahs CW30) seeks a multi-talented Associate Producer for our competitive morning programming, including early morning news, Good Morning Utah, ABC4 Utah News at Midday and the top-rated morning lifestyle program, Good Things Utah.
The Associate News Producer assists producers, anchors, hosts, reporters and the assignment desk in multiple aspects of overall newscast production. The successful candidate will also be a skilled line producer, and must be able to cover producing shifts, including weekends and night side shifts.
• Provides support to personnel producing newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
• Assists with writing scripts and preparing news stories.
• Edits video when necessary.
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Fluency in English.
• Experience in news story production.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Associate News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, Associate News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer