News Operations Support - On Call
Posted on 2017-07-31
By KODJ, KJMY, KZHT, KAAZ, KNRS iHeartMedia
Salt Lake City, UT
Serves as basic news activities coordinator.
- Provides On-Air Talent with stories, audios, comedy clips, jokes, news, etc., for preparing for daily shows.
- Provides logistical planning and insight to upcoming events, special programs and/or elements to be included in news coverage.
- Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content that acts as a tip sheet for On-Air Talent.
- Scans various websites, newspapers, magazines, social media, online content and other sources for latest information on celebrities, entertainment, news events, music, current events, weather etc., in order to collect information for posting on “prep services” websites.
- Posts information onto websites for viewing.
- May specialize in certain formats appropriate to coverage area demographics, e.g., country music, comedy, breaking events, celebrities’ news.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
- Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
- Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
- Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
- Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar newsgathering and/or media operations environment
- Four-year Bachelors degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
Location: Salt Lake City, UT: 2801 S Decker Lake Dr, 84119
Position Type: Seasonal
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer