Sports Multiple-Media Journalist
Posted on 2017-07-26
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
Good4Utah (ABC4 Utah and Utah’s CW30) has an exciting opportunity for a multi-talented Multiple-Media Journalist who is focused on shooting, editing and producing daily and special event sports coverage for our daily newscasts and a live weekly Sunday night sports show on ABC4 Utah.
The successful candidate will operate television or video cameras to record images or scenes and edit those materials for sportscasts. The ideal candidate will work well under deadline pressure, be available for occasional travel and loves the concept of teamwork. At least 2 years’ experience working at a broadcast television station is preferred. Familiarity with ENPS, Premiere Editing system and creating and producing digital content for the web and social media are a plus.
· Shoots and edits video for sports reporters/anchors.
· Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements.
· Sets up, composes and executes video shots – taped and live remotes using ENG and Bonded Cellular technology.
· Utilizes mobile technology to post to station digital and social media sites.
· Maintains video equipment.
· Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content.
· Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations.
· Conduct interviews, gathers information in the field.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ensures station complicance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state and federal laws.
· Minimum two-year experience working in news photography/editing.
· Experience with other broadcast related equipment.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Sports MMJ must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sports MMJ must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Sports MMJ must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
HOW TO APPLY:
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO AOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer