Denali Media-TV, Remote Events Operator
Posted on 2017-07-26
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Remote Events Operator: FLSA: Non-Exempt (On-Call Position).
The Remote Events Operator will support the field and/or broadcast operations groups for special events and on-air support. Responsible for managing gear for off-site events and/or troubleshooting equipment malfunctions within the master control operations group depending on the role assigned to.
Essential Duties of a Remote Events Operator:
Field Operations Essential Duties:
- Work with a crew during broadcasts of special events, involving on-air support of multi-camera remote/out of studio productions.
- Typically supports in the capacity of grip, cable assistant or production assistant.
- Provide pre-production and post-production support as needed.
- Load gear for the off-site events ensuring safe loading into vehicles. Ensure timely completion of deliverables.
Broadcast Operations Duties:
- Serve as a Master Control Operator, responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of the on-air product.
- Ensure signal transmission meets government regulations which include both technical ones (such as those against audio over-modulation and dead air), as well as content ones (such as indecency and station identification).
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, and prepare programming for future playback.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be technically astute, highly organized and have a reputation for meeting deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and take direction.
- Strong verbal communication skills, particularly in the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and individuals outside the organization.
- Ability to self-start tasks without constant supervision, following through with tasks until they are completed.
- Critical attention to detail.
- Knowledge of MS Office and other common office tools software require.
- Computer literate including Internet research, good organizational skills, excellent spelling & grammar and fast and accurate typing speed required.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and outside assigned department and create an effective working environment for high traffic and/or potentially stressful workloads.
- Excellent active listening skills with the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Neat, clean, professional appearance.
Physical Requirements: Office & Field position: Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds. Hearing, vision, depth perception, and hand-to-eye coordination sufficient to perform job duties. Visual and auditory acuity necessary to operate equipment and identify color-coding. Ability to tolerate temperature, weather extremes. Strength stamina and coordination sufficient to perform job duties.
Working Conditions: When assigned to Field Operations, approximately 20% of time will be in an office environment usually, an arena-type setting. Up to 80% of time will involve outside work, in all weather conditions as well as remote locations involving harsh arctic environments. When assigned to Broadcast Operations, generally 100% of the time will be assigned to an office-type, indoor environment. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays as needed. This is an on-call position.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be requested to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
- One or more years’ experience in television Broadcast Media environment preferred. A combination of related work experience, education, or on-site training may substitute for experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree in Broadcast Technology preferred.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications highly valued.
- Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at: http://www.gci.com/about/careers Job #17000355
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer