Assignment Editor/CG`s Weekend
Posted on 2017-07-25
By KINT-TV Univision 26 Entravision Communications
El Paso, TX
KINT-TV Univision 26 in El Paso, Texas is searching for an Assignment Editor/CG’s for
weekends. The successful candidate will assist in the efficient operation of the assignments desk. He/she will also assist in the production of newscasts, and when required, will produce shows.
- Coordinate interviews and logistics for field crews, facilitate the news gathering process
and ensure comprehensive coverage of all news stories across all platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital, and web.
- Participate in editorial meetings, develop enterprise story ideas consistent with the news brand.
- Cultivate contacts important to news coverage in the El Paso area, including law enforcement.
- Monitor police and emergency scanners and electronic/printed sources for news and disseminate the information to appropriate newsroom personnel.
- Cooperate with and support news and online platforms as assigned.
- Produce newscast when required.
- Experience in the El Paso market and familiarity with the region`s audience and communities.
- Solid news judgement, strong writing and research skills.
- Experience using online and social media resources as news researching tools.
- Experience with newsroom computer applications.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, act decisively and successfully.
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment.
- Basic understanding and demonstration of solid editorial judgement and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander, and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, written and oral.
- Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Must have flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24/7 shift and willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice.
- College degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email email@example.com or send resumes to 5426 North Mesa, El Paso Texas, 79912 attention Human Resources.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees. Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer