Posted on 2017-07-24
By WIAT-TV WIAT-TV
WIAT-TV, CBS 42 is looking for an experienced reporter/photographer (MMJ). The ideal candidate shoots, writes, tracks and edits well told stories with compelling pictures and nat sound. Live shot experience on both sides of the camera preferred. This job will also include internet responsibilities.
JOB SUMMARY: Research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment
stories for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Conflict management.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
- Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
Bachelors degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (3) three years experience as a multi platinum journalist.
Training/Equipment: Camera and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer