KTUU-TV, Technical Media Producers
Posted on 2017-07-07
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU-TV is accepting applications for TMP Producers
Technical Media Producers (TMPs) direct live or pre-recorded productions as assigned including daily newscasts, monitor on-air signals for all programming streams, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingest daily programming and commercials.
Description of TMP Duties: - Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for KTUU.
- Work with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Sundance, Rushworks and Crispin automation, chyron graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.
- Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
- Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system.
- Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
- Dedication to care of equipment.
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Training of new personnel as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects. Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Preferred Skills: Computer literacy in office administrative software; i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge of current KTUU systems a plus.
Required Skills: Great communication and people skills. Newscast directing/Master Control experience or production assistant experience, previous experience with production automation and playout automation software preferred. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations. Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please go to: https://gray.tv.apply now
KTUU-TV is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing and participates in E-verify. EOE (All positions must show flexibility for evolving or changing operational needs. Hours, shifts, responsibilities, etc. are subject to change at management discretion.)
Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer