Posted on 2017-06-12
By KRQE-TV New Mexico Fox KBIM-TV KREZ-TV Nexstar
KRQE News 13, an aggressive and growing news organization in Albuquerque, NM seeks a full-time news editor.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Prepare, rewrite, and edit stories.
- Collaborate with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts.
- Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
- Collaborate with reporters to obtain concise and accurate news stories.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in Web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multimedia production software.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods; finds alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, or English. A minimum of two years prior experience as news editor.
Training/Equipment: Operate design and multimedia production software, as well as control board.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of computer and editing software. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be able to work varied shifts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #5281
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer